Are you experiencing tooth pain or sensitivity? Root canal therapy at Dentistry of Gilbert might be the solution. This treatment is essential for saving a tooth that is badly decayed or infected, relieving pain and preventing further damage.
Understanding Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy involves removing the damaged area of the tooth (the pulp), cleaning and disinfecting it and then filling and sealing it. The common causes affecting the pulp are a cracked tooth, a deep cavity, repeated dental treatment to the tooth, or trauma. The procedure is highly effective in eliminating bacteria from the infected root canal, preventing reinfection of the tooth and saving the natural tooth.
Your Root Canal Therapy Procedure
During your root canal therapy in Gilbert, Arizona, expect:
- An examination and X-rays to assess the extent of the infection.
- Local anesthesia to ensure a pain-free experience.
- Removal of the infected or damaged pulp, and cleaning of the tooth’s inner chambers.
- Filling of the space with a biocompatible material and sealing it to prevent bacteria.
- A follow-up restoration, usually a crown, to protect and restore the tooth to full function.
Benefits of Root Canal Therapy
- Relieves symptoms such as pain and swelling.
- Saves your natural tooth, avoiding the need for extraction and replacement.
- Prevents the spread of infection to other teeth.
- Restores tooth function and appearance.
Do Not Let Tooth Pain Hold You Back
If you are suffering from tooth pain or have been told you need a root canal, contact us at 480-870-0888. Our esteemed dentist, Dr. Shelton Chow is here to provide comfortable and effective treatment, helping you return to your normal activities with a pain-free smile.